Have you seen this. Stolen Produce & Meat..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42603382/

It says that tomatoes, cucumbers, and frozen meat were stolen. The meat was bound for Portland Oregon. No wonder meat prices here have gone up even more in the last few weeks. The cheapest beef you can buy here is hamburger at. $2.89 a pound. And any other form of beef is at least $3.45 a pound.

I would be watching out for your home gardens this year. Get extra tall fence or some thing.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Same topic going on on gettinaclue's earlier thread http://www.sufficientself.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=9128

I do not believe what the story suggests about this being something new, though. I grew up just outside Philly, with relatives on the police force and thus a certain amount of gossip about a) illegal activities in general and b) mob activities in various East Coast cities, and I am just absolutely positive they used to talk about tractor trailer loads of food as being one of the sorts of items that not-infrequently would go astray in transit so to speak. Mind you this would have been the 60s and 70s, I have no idea about more recently, but, still.

Pat

Sunny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sorry didnt see the other thread on this topic. I glanced for one before I posted but didnt see any right then. Must have been buried.

Please post comments on the other thread.

Mod could you please close this thread. As I didnt know there was already one started.

lwheelr

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Pat, they aren't suggesting that food thefts are new, but normally they don't involve produce. It is perishable, harder to move quickly to get rid of a stolen lot.

I think they implied this one was unusual due to the sophistication of the setup, and that perishables were involved. :)

I know we are seeing more beggars on the corners now, and their signs are getting more creative.

Status
Not open for further replies.