Haven't watched TV since beginning of July

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's been about 3 months since I watched ANY TV. I mean not even a glimpse. Tonight the wife and I wanted to watch the presidential debate. I still haven't hooked up the television, but instead we watched a live stream on the computer from NBC News on Youtube.

All I can say is WOW, I'm so glad I haven't hooked up the TV, as a matter of fact... I decided, I'm going to sell our one and only flipping TV now and never ever buy another one. I couldn't stomach the bias of the moderator, the name calling and smear campaigns. Only if I were the moderator instead of Chris Wallace... You all would have loved me! After about the first 10 minutes, I would have given them both box boxing gloves and said take it outside boys. Whoever beats the snot out of the other, is our new president!

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
About only TV I watch is local news, weather -- a few old reruns, mostly western. Don't have time for much of it AND don't have the interest in a lot of it. Never did the daytime show thing.....not interested now.

I have nothing good to say about the "debate". I have nothing to say politically.......but, after about 20 minutes, turned it off as obnoxious.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
About only TV I watch is local news, weather -- a few old reruns, mostly western. Don't have time for much of it AND don't have the interest in a lot of it. Never did the daytime show thing.....not interested now.

I have nothing good to say about the "debate". I have nothing to say politically.......but, after about 20 minutes, turned it off as obnoxious.
I watched the whole debate and have a lot to say politically about it. But I will give Niffty and FEM a break today.

I will say this though Chris Wallace the moderator was way in over his head. Too biased and weak... The moderator should have been Chuck Norris instead.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The Moderator needed to be able to turn off the microphones at will, lol. Put them each in a sound proof box and turn on their mic only when it was their turn to talk. Maybe the debate with the running mates will go better.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I only watched a few minutes online. I'm very much an independent and it didn't take watching anymore.

We don't have TV. We only use it for movies. We got rid of it because we'd rarely turn it on. Isn't something new for us. We didn't have it from 1999 to 2008.

We only watched science, history, and cartoons. Most the science type channels have gone away and $5 for Crunchyroll takes care of the anime.

Now I want to watch TV. M.A.S.H is sitting on the shelf and a good candidate.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We cut the cable soon after I moved into the new place. We had Dish, but now we watch "free" TV. All the local stations that we can get over the airwaves. We lost a couple of stations when they finally went digital to comply with an Obama era rule that went into effect, but we get plenty of stations to watch. We have a lot of DVDs that we can watch if we get bored of the crap on TV. I will be watching less of it this winter, I really want to get back into quilting, I miss it so much.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We haven't had regular TV since 2002. For a while, we had Netflix, but I finally got rid of that too. We have a bunch of movies to watch, but really, most of the time I would rather knit or read to relax.

One thing I've noticed- if we go to another person's house and they have their TV on, I quickly find myself spending more time watching the TV than listening to any conversation. I hate that it can do that to me.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well, DH did get Netflix subscription for the TV and now that we have a better internet connection we can stream shows. There are some shows on there that we watch.
DH is a TV watcher. I tend to sit there and watch just so I can "spend time with him". If I get up and go do something else, he will eventually notice I am gone and come find me to see what I am doing. Then he stands there and talks to me or just stands there and watches whatever I am doing. Sometimes I cave and join him back in the TV room.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
About the only thing I routinely watch are two shows on Sunday nights where the focus is Texas State Game Wardens and a sister show about wardens in the upper NE.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Haven't had a TV for over 12 years. I miss the local news... a few shows.... but not enough to pay for it. The new house with the new fiber optic hookup, I will be able to stream stuff if I can learn how to do it...Got a "new to me" TV, flat screen and all that, from a friend that got a bigger newer fancier one... and have hundreds of movies... so will mostly watch them,. I should have some reception here with a normal antennae, so will try to get some of the local stations for news and weather... but most of it is just stupid stuff and I have no interest in dumb programs. I am a reader, but sometimes the background noise of other voices is nice when you are by yourself all the time.