Having technical difficulties....anyone else? Super slow...

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I am getting very frustrated and I don't know if it is my computer or an issue with the forum.....most of the time when I click to view a thread I have to wait and wait and wait, and sometimes it still doesn't come up and I have to click on it again. What I see at the bottom is one of three things: googleads.g.doubleclick.net(blah-blah-blah) or ib.adnx(blah-blah-blah) or a third variation that I didn't write down and didn't see again once I was looking for it. It is the googleads thing I see the most and that is the slowest. Sometimes as much as 30 seconds, and then I have to click again to get to the page.

It sure gets me off the computer fast, and I NEVER look at the ads and WON'T because I am so annoyed! :barnie

What is going on? Is it my computer? This is brand-new.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
The site is working fine for me. I hope it is not your new computer though, that would suck!

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I'm having no problems with it, seems pretty zippy to me. Rob will have to weigh in on the things 'loading'. I've been hung up by google analytics in the past, but not for a long time now.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
What browser are you using?

I had problems a few weeks ago, not with this site - another one. I was very frustrated, and a friend suggested I use Google Chrome - I downloaded it and my problem disappeared instantly!

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I had to switch over to a different browser just now as my mozilla kept coming up with some kind of spam attached to the site!:ep
it says it is an "attack page" of some sort, but since I am not having a problem on this browser I think it is spam for this "stop badware" or something anyone have any idea how to get it to stop?
it is driving me nuts on my prefered browser.:rant

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Emerald, try going to Tools > Options > Security and there should be an 'Exceptions' box, try to type in this website and see if that works?

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
Emerald, try going to Tools > Options > Security and there should be an 'Exceptions' box, try to type in this website and see if that works?
IT WORKED!! whoo hoo.. I hate it when my browsers update and then goof up the way everything works!!
Thanks so much, I just could not figure out how to fix it by myself!