Hilogirl23

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Hey guys ! I’m Nikita , I live with my husband, father in law , and our 2 children Micah who is 6 months and Meleane who is 5 years old. We are living on the Big Island of Hawaii . My father in law is a pastor and has been stationed here so we can build a church the property they bought . We are moving into the house on property in December and the plan is to become as self sufficient as possible ! My husband was raised in Tonga and is used to this type of lifestyle ( he is my master guide !!) I my self will be learning everything from new ! It’s been a dream of mine to remove my family from the cog and it’s finally becoming a reality 🙏🏼 We will be planting a garden , caring for animals, home schooling, and foraging our 10 acres of untouched Hawaiian jungle. So here to learn and share along the journey ! Aloha

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You will be able to grow so much that many of us can’t, due to colder climate. How wonderful for you! Welcome to the forum from east Texas.

Hilogirl23

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Welcome from Southern WA state. We have a good friend who is from Tonga, and hubs lived in Honolulu as a surfer for a few years. The Big Island is my most favorite of all of them. Are you worried about Mauna Loa spouting off again?
I love Washington !! And that’s so cool it’s such a beautiful culture . We plan on moving back to Tonga some day . We have lived in Maui and now Honolulu and we go to big island in about a month , we have never been before super excited !! I’m not too worried about the volcano because our property is in a zone 3 so we should be fine if anything does happen .

Hilogirl23

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
You will be able to grow so much that many of us can’t, due to colder climate. How wonderful for you! Welcome to the forum from east Texas.
It really is the most perfect place to grow , the land is so abundant !!! I do gotta say though I wish I could grow strawberries, and an olive tree 😂

Latest posts