Healing a severe under bite

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
I don't think I have actually posted about this subject yet. Maybe in passing.
The baby we are adopting was born with a fairly severe under bite. It was bad enough, that if we did not know about the reason dental deformities occur,
and how they can be reversed in the first 3 years of a child life, that she would have required quite a bit of orthodontic work in a few years.
I think we all know how expensive that can be!
Well, at nearly 7 months of age, we can see that her under bite is almost gone!
I will explain below, a bit about the whole process that we undertook.

So, what does cause malformations of the jaw and palette?
In the 1930s, it was discovered by a Dentist named Dr Weston A Price, that lack of real Vitamin A and D in the diet was the cause of many physical issues that were starting to crop up in society.
In addition to a mouth that does not have room for all its teeth, did you know that also is a very visible sign that the pelvis is not fully formed?
This would partly explain the troubles women have today with long and hard childbirth.

So, what to do?
From birth up to age 3, all the bones in a child's head are quite mailable. We are most familiar with the soft spot on a babies head.
This can be undertaken, whether or not the baby is breastfed, but I would advise strongly against commercial formulas though, as they will inhibit the process greatly.
If the baby is being breastfed, then there is a two pronged approach that should be undertaken.
The mother should embark on as strict a whole traditional foods diet as possible. Grains should either be eliminated, or processed carefully in a traditional manner.
She should try to consume plenty of raw milk as well, from grass fed cows, or from naturally fed goats. If grain fed is the only choice,
then just carefully look at the farming practices, and make sure the cows do have full access to green grass and plenty of hay.

The most important food that should be consumed by both the mother and baby, is Fermented Cod Liver Oil*.
Contrary to popular opinion, this oil cannot cause toxicity, as it is all natural. It is only Vitamin A that is manufactured that will cause issues.
the mother should consume at least one full dose per day (1/2 tsp), though 2-3 doses would be better, especially if she is breastfeeding.
The baby can either have drops administered by eyedropper, or drops may be rubbed on the bottom at diaper changes.
Infants should consume 1/4 tsp per day.

DD at 6 months of age, began consuming small amounts of nutrient dense foods as well. Pastured egg yolks, bone broth, small chunks of red meat, chicken and wild salmon.
She also now eats small amounts of wild berries, cheddar and blue cheeses and potatoes.

If breastfeeding is not an option, there is a fabulous and very safe alternative.
http://www.realmilk.com/formularecipes.html
This recipe contains a good dose of the FCLO in it :)
(I can also share the recipe for adding real fats and vitamins to a commercial formula, if neither option mentioned will work.)

* FCLO is about $45 per bottle, but each bottle has about a 6 month supply in it.
Please avoid other brands, as they use clever marketing, to make you believe that they are selling you an all natural whole product. In fact, Blue Ice FCLO is the only one that is not heat or steam treated. It also does not contain added or synthetic vitamins.
The naturally occurring levels are in the range of 5,000 IUs of A and 500 IUs of D. This may seem like a small amount of D, but when it is consumed with 10 times the amount of A, it is a sufficient dosage.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
1635_bonnet_005.jpg

This was taken in April.
Her upper and lower jaw almost meet at the front now :)

We have a dentist in our church, and he agrees that a huge change has occurred.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
I will try and get a current picture tonight or in the morning.

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I've been reading a lot about Weston Price. It is great to see his theories working to help your baby.

I've been wanting to get Blue Ice FCLO but the price has been holding me off. Good to know it lasts a while.

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wow, You are saving her from some painful corrections later in life. I wasn't so lucky growing up and have recently had to go through corrective surgery to fix my under developed lower jaw. It was very painful.

Nancy

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
We have noticed that for the last 3 months or so, she has been frantically chewing on both sides of her mouth. Seems like the growing out has caused a bit of pain, though she rarely complains.
Every now and then she has a bout of teething in the front, but that has produced nothing so far.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
It would be really interesting to me to see a side-by-side comparison photo, a current one of her taken from the same angle as the one earlier in this thread. Hint-hint. :D

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
freemotion said:
It would be really interesting to me to see a side-by-side comparison photo, a current one of her taken from the same angle as the one earlier in this thread. Hint-hint. :D
x2