Heatwave 2022

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
our chances of rain turned into about a dozen rain drops last night and nothing else. will get out and water again today for the seedlings to keep on sprouting. everything else got a pretty good watering yesterday so i just need to keep it damp enough in a few places and that doesn't take too long to accomplish. not too hot this week until Thursday and then back to more reasonable again the rest of the week (low 80s or mid-70s). i can cope with this kind of schedule now and get some work done on a few projects.
Same here, just enough rain drops for me to put my stuff away, then it stopped! It was nice that it was overcast all day yesterday. With it so dry the plants need a break from the sunshine, although I've been keeping them watered.

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It’s so hot that the trellis DH planted our merlitons on has some yellow leaves and it’s making me nervous because he suspects the neighbors of going too wild with their RoundUp. I seriously got to move him and me to the orchard. We don’t belong with a bunch of people. I mean maybe it’s just HOT!!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It’s so hot that the trellis DH planted our merlitons on has some yellow leaves and it’s making me nervous because he suspects the neighbors of going too wild with their RoundUp. I seriously got to move him and me to the orchard. We don’t belong with a bunch of people. I mean maybe it’s just HOT!!

i don't really deal with people all that well either. i can manage small groups and once in a while visitors, but on the whole i prefer a hermit life for sure. people at a distance and on my own schedule is very much better for me. like on-line. i can write and do forum posts or e-mails when i'm in a more social frame of mind. and best of all nobody can see how dorky i really am. :)