Hello everyone - I'm bursting

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
with excitement!!!

Our son is home from from Afghanistan!!! He got here yesterday. He spent a week in the hospital in Germany on his way home due to a woundhe got just north of Kabul only two days before heading for home.Bummer. He hasto go back to Camp LeJune next week. he has 1 mor year to go and we hope he stays state side till he gets out.His wife and children have been waiting a long time. They live in S. Carolina.

It has been very rough for us sincemy stroke but we're learning to live with it. I have made a lot of progress in the past month. As you can see my typing is much better I can contain my shakes and trembles long enough to poke at the keys with one finger. it takes a long time to do it though. My speach is a whole lot better but I get very tired easy. and there is soooo much to get done before spring get here.

I have been coming to the forums here to read sometimes. I noticed that many of the old regular people don't come here any more. did I miss something over thepast 4 months?

I,m tired now. See ya.

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yeah, a lot of people left after a policy disagreement of some sort (I musta been snoozing, cause I missed it too.) But we have several new folks on here that are adding a lot to the conversations, and many long-time members are still here. So happy for you having your son back in the states. Tell him Thank You for me, please. I hope he recovers well, and I hope you continue to recover. Coming back from a stroke must be so very difficult. You are very brave.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
glad you are doing better and congrats on your son coming home!!!!! and thanks to him for his duty! :)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I missed about your stroke. I'll be adding you to my prayer list and am glad to hear you're doing better.
Glad your son is home, and I hope he gets to stay Stateside.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
I'm glad you are recovering this well already. Doing stuff does get easier again.
It's so good that your son is home too.
Last November was weird on the forum, but everything seems to be settled down now.

Windyhillfarms

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Many moved to a new neighborhood over more than a policy issue, but that is beside the point I suppose. I am glad to hear you are recovering from your stroke, it takes a bit of work and will, but is totally doable ... keep at it and you'll be back to your old self before ya know it!

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
I'm excited for you too! So glad your son is home and I pray he does stay here in the States! It sounds like your recovery is coming along, although difficult at times. Try to get enough rest!!!!!

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It looks like i missed some fireworks at the forums, Darn.

I guess self-sufeciency is kind of on the back burner for us these days. Momma is not able to work around the here and I feel kind of useless. thank the Lord for some great friends here in rural Indiana.

But i'll be back! Did that sound like Ahhhhnold Schwartzenager? did you have your speakers turned up? ;)

I was out in the chicken coop one day last week and I think a weasel got all the chickens. What a mess. I think I forgot to close the little door one night. I feel very guilty. i forget so many things these days

Thanks for all the well-wishes everyone.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Boogity, such great news about your son!! Give him a hug and a thanks from all of us...and then give him hugs again just for getting to come home!!! I didn't know about your stroke....bless your heart for having the gumption to keep going, keep trying, keep on keepin' on! Ditto Debs sentiment...I'll be praying for you and your family.

Here's for you~ :weee :weee :weee :weee :weee :weee :weee :weee :weee :weee :weee :weee :weee

Rest up and get back to us! :hugs

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Welcome back Boogity!!! :thumbsup It is so good to see you are on the mend and even able to type here and there!! That is wonderful on your son coming home too!!! It will do you both good, as well as the whole family...to see him and know he is home safe and sound.:clap