Hello from another Texan

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah, we have our wish list, but other projects get lined up in order of importance. Ha! Today we finished a portable chicken coop that is in the garden. I got the door made and hung today, but have to come up with some creative way to close it up! Then I have to make nest boxes and a A-frame roost-probably will rip some 2x4's. I have 17 Easter Egger pullets that are just starting to lay and they will get to range in the garden this winter. A project almost finished! :weee

Then we move on to the feed and tack room in the barn. We stopped last February when DH had shoulder replacement surgery and when he got fit again, we took off on the fence. (finally got the whole outer parameter fenced in)

Sometimes things progress at lightening speed, other times it is start-stop-start-stop-more stop-still stopped-not even close to start-thinking about start-stop. :lol:

Aquaponics would be awesome-I could set up a system in my high tunnel greenhouse! the one that I got a fantastic deal on off Craigslist, but is still leaned up against a tree........ We only have to cut some trees, dig out the stumps, move the mulch pile, machete chop out a green briar patch the size of two school buses and take down a temporary fence that I'm not through using yet. THEN I could set up a tank, vegetables watered with fish poo water...... There's a Texas fish hatchery in Athens where we can buy fishies! :ya

But wait a minute, I really want the chick brooder off the porch and out in the portable building, but it is full. So I really NEED to finish the feed and tack room. Then I have to patch and fix up what will become the tool shed, so I can clean out the portable building and get everything organized so I can move the brooder off the porch. There will probably be 15 other small projects that have to be done NOW that will impede progress....start.....stop.....what was that about fish? I might get sidetracked into starting on building out some stalls in the barn, I need to build a better shelter for the sheep.....and so it goes.....:barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie