Hello from Boogity

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
This forums thing is all new to me and it's been difficult learning how to do this but I'll try. My dad, Boogity is sitting next to me here at the computer. He has received several notices by email that there are private messages here for him. I finally figured out to get to the messages and I was able to read them to dad. Even though he can't talk very well he seems to understand that you folks would like to wish him well. I'm sure he says thank you.

I'll try to explain what happened as there seems to be some confusion.

About three weeks ago dad was in his little workshop making some new bee hives for next spring. Mom tried to get his attention to come in for lunch. When there was no reply from the shed she made her way out there to find him laying on the ground. She could tell that he was breathing and had to make her way back to the house to call 911. According to Mom it took a long time for the ambulance to get to him. He had a stroke. This was his second stroke.

He can understand some things but he can't form his words well and he is very easily confused. When he first came home from the hospital he could not walk at all but he has improved a lot since then and he gets around a little with Mom's help. I have been trying to show him how to work the computer because he seems to want to talk to you guys. It looks like it is going to take a long time for him to work on his own. Mom and Dad live in a rural farming area and I'm sure transportation is going to be a problem. A few of their friends from church have offered assistance and a guy that dad volunteered with at a soup kitchen has stopped in a few times.

Somebody wanted to know about my Mother and something about an accident. I'll try to clear up some confusion on her health. Back in 2002 when dad was in the hospital with his first stroke my Mom was driving home from the hospital and she ran off the road in a rain storm late one night. She hit a big tree on the driver's door and broke her back and suffered severe nerve damage. She has not been able to walk on her own since then. So her disability is not related to this latest stroke at all.

I live in Wisconsin and I have to get back to my family there. We're trying to work out a way that they'll have reliable assistance when I go home. My brother is still over seas and he will not be allowed to come back to the states for a few months. But even when he does get back he has a family too. Dad has been getting very good care from the doctors at the VA hospital over in Cincinnati but its about 1.5 hr. drive and somewhat inconvenient. Mom says she can do it but we'll see. See gets around on her little wheelchair pretty good and wiggles her way into her car OK but at 68 she's not as spry as she used to be.

That's about all I can tell you for now. I'm telling dad about what I'm writing as I type. He smiles a lot but I don't know how much he understands. I'm going to continue to try to teach him how to get on his discussion boards so someday he might be able to read the posts. I have to giggle to myself every time I see his Boogity handle. That's my son's nickname and dad asked him if he could borrow it a long time ago. I didn't know dad was using it on here.

Thanks everybody, Boogity says "see ya later".
Angie

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Thanks Angie for posting this for your dad!!!

We Love you Boogity! Our family is praying for you and will continue! You get better soon dear :hugs

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I heard about this on another site.
let him know there are several of us praying for all of you guys.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Praying for you all! Thanks for posting for your dad Angie. I hope that soon enough he will be able to post for himself again.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Angie, thank you so much for letting us know--praying for your Dad :hugs

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
In my prayers Boogity

(Angie have you gotten them a cell or at least life alert? Several of my older customers have those, and my elderly neighbors have a simple cell phone for emergencies or if power is out. If you need extra info, PM me :) )

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Prayers for a speedy recovery! Thank you for updating!