Hello from GA

Jennylea

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I'm a mother of 3, grandmother of 1,all girls. Engaged to a wonderfully stubborn man. :)
We have just recently started growing things in the garden. Talked about it for couple years and finally got everything started. This is our first year starting to get things done to be more self sufficient. It has been a trying time but also great family time as we all participate. I just happened across this site and am ready to read the interesting things I've browsed before becoming a member. If anyone replies/writes to me please know I will get back to you, it may take some time as I don't get on computer a lot, due to family & work.

Smart Red

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Welcome, Jennylea, from a fellow mother, grandmother and gardener who is endeavoring to become self-sufficient. Working as a family can be a good way to garden. I hope you find it as addictive as most of us do. Glad to have you with us.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You will really enjoy this site. Lots of friendly people here and we are always ready to help. Welcome!

Jennylea

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Thank you to EVERYONE! So far I have truly enjoyed reading everything on this site. So much information, ideas and even some laughs! So far things in the garden are looking pretty good. Of course some are doing better than others. I have close to 30 tomatoes already on 6 of my 8 different plants, and the snap peas are already coming around along with some squash & zucchini. We all feel kinda giddy seeing these growing & watching everything come to life. With this being the first year that we have the garden it is an exciting thing for the whole family. The kids are already talking about what they want to do with some of the food and what new things we can try next year. :cool:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
When my kids were growing up my son didn't really want to be veggie friendly - but growing his own sure helped with that. Kids and gardens go together!

Latest posts