Hello from Michigan

Sammster

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Good morning! I'm migrating over from Backyard Chickens. I am not a homesteader, but I live a simple life, and wish to learn more self-sustaining methods. We live in the burbs of SE Michigan, but also have a cabin in mid-Michigan.

We've always kept a small garden. I am new to canning, freeze-drying and bread making. We 2 golden retrievers, 9 hens, 1 parakeet, 1 canary and 1 bossy cockatoo. We have 3 grown sons and 1 grandson. I am an artist ~ painting and glass.

I'm excited to learn about this site! There's so much to learn!

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good morning! I'm migrating over from Backyard Chickens. I am not a homesteader, but I live a simple life, and wish to learn more self-sustaining methods. We live in the burbs of SE Michigan, but also have a cabin in mid-Michigan.

We've always kept a small garden. I am new to canning, freeze-drying and bread making. We 2 golden retrievers, 9 hens, 1 parakeet, 1 canary and 1 bossy cockatoo. We have 3 grown sons and 1 grandson. I am an artist ~ painting and glass.

I'm excited to learn about this site! There's so much to learn!

Welcome to you!!!! :welcome :welcome :welcome

form the other side of the US, ,way west Washington state,, I am so happy you are here

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The UP is beautiful, for sure

i already said hello and welcome in the other thread but i just will say it again Sam... :) hello and welcome to SS from mid-Michigan. :)

i lived in the UP (was at MTU) for 15 years, but back here now.

this area is mostly agricultural with some woodlands around so plenty of deer all the time.

very flat land.