Hello from north Idaho

thistlebloom

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am a recent lurker-turned-member. I see a lot of friends from TEG here, which is a happy sight.
I don't have much to contribute, but a lot to learn. We live on 10 mostly wooded acres with 2 and a half horses, dogs cats and chickens. I keep a garden and work in landscape maintenance. The kids are grown and it's just my husband and I here now. Looking forward to doing a lot more reading here on SS.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hey thistlebloom! Glad you came on over to SS! What are you most interested in becoming more SS? You already garden and that is a great start. Hmmm...….maybe moose hunt? :lol:

thistlebloom

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hey thistlebloom! Glad you came on over to SS! What are you most interested in becoming more SS? You already garden and that is a great start. Hmmm...….maybe moose hunt? :lol:

Hey Bay! No moose hunting for me probably. I would like to do more food preservation, delve into fermentation.

Welcome. I'm curious about the 1/2 horse. Pony, or pregnant?
We have a mini mule. His job is comic relief. Since he's a miniature mule I guess he would actually be a 1/4 horse... 😊

PatriciaPNW

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Welcome. Thank you for bringing more wry humor to the site. Like you I think I learn much more than I could ever return with any first hand expertise but at least we are enthusiastic! I’ve gotten thought provoking and practical input that’s been helpful already and wish you the same.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the community! We're happy to have you here to learn and share with us! Wow your place sounds divine!

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hey Bay! No moose hunting for me probably. I would like to do more food preservation, delve into fermentation.

We have a mini mule. His job is comic relief. Since he's a miniature mule I guess he would actually be a 1/4 horse... 😊
Hello thistlebloom, You will enjoy joining the forums... I hope you'll meet friends and learn a lot. If you have something you wanna know please don't hesitate to ask us. Have a great day!