Hello from Northern Virginia!

bittibuddha

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm new here and come by way of a recommendation of a similarly self-sufficiency minded friend.

For the first time in my life, I can say I am voluntarily living below my means and embracing the challenge and freedom that it entails.
I'm working to become a better organic gardener, seamstress, knitter, chef, yogini and a contingency planner.

Future plans involve finding and buying a small permaculture homestead here in Virginia where Himself and I can set up a sustainable livelihood with gardens, orchards, alternate energy and some small livestock herds.

I am so excited to be here with so many like-minded folk. Can't wait to ask your advice on trellis-building, seed-starting, vegetable canning and windmill erecting!

Happy Shortest day of the Year, everyone! Happy Holidays to all.

Bittibuddha.

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
:welcome bittibuddha! You have certainly come to the right place!

You wouldn't happen to be Irish, would you? The expression "Himself" sounds Irish to me...

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
:hugs Yay! Bittibuddha is here! So glad you made it, I think you'll end up finding lotsa useful stuff here!

I didn't realize how similar our plans are, so glad that you're here. We need to catch up at some point!!

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
SSGreenemail.jpg

Lots of nice people up here!