Hello from the brisk Saskatchewan Prairies

Sweetened

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Well, it's not so brisk at the moment, actually!

(Season's) Greetings from Saskatchewan Canada! Just joined Back Yard Chickens a few months ago and noticed this forum on the bottom only days ago. I thought I'd hop in here and ask questions, learn things, and glean whatever I can from those who know what I don't (which sure is a lot).

Without going into all the drama surrounding my flooded home that the engineer told us is no longer safe to live in :he, I will say the situation has led to a blessing in disguise. In a desperate need to leave the first home I've ever purchased, an ad on a local internet classified has landed DH and I a 1950s home on 15 acres with a well house, Chicken Coop, powered shop, garden shed, 2 car garage and the original 1 room homestead (including outhouse!). Lots of work to be done, but for $50,000, there's no complaining. We're waiting to find out what happens with the previously mentioned home :fl (disaster assistance) in order to see if we can make this our permenant, forever heaven.

I look forward to meeting everyone and sucking the information out of every crevice this forum has to offer!

Always,
Melissa --- Sweetened

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
:welcome

My Mom's from Canada originally, but she's from the Ontario area.

Sweetened

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Thats awesome Deb. I've lived in Western/Central Canada and Eastern US (for about 9 years).

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Welcome

you may well suck some info out of us,but we're gonna need to get some from you too lol

enjoy the insanity we like to call SS