Hello from the UK

more_frosting

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Welcome from Ireland :frow What are you growing and thinking of going this year?

I'm keeping it simple this year and will growing what I consider core veg; potatoes, onions, carrots, tomatoes and salad crops.

Hope that works out well for you. What kind of eggs are you thinking about hatching?

I've recently hatched some quail and I have a few chicken eggs in the incubator now. It's addicting!

My supplier breeds some lovely looking bantams, so I'll be getting a variety of eggs from them.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Years ago I concentrated on Cochin Bantams. They looked like a big ball of feathers and were great mothers! So cute to see the babies run and hide under their 'feather duster' mothers and peek out from between those feathers. Hope you have great luck hatching!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Welcome from Texas. We are getting the garden ready for planting. April should see the last frost, can't wait to get busy. Would love to hear more about your garden and chickens.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hello from the UK.

For almost 8 years I've been growing fruit and veg on my allotment. In 2017, I took it a little further and decided to get some livestock. Limited with space, I decided to get a small flock of chickens. The flock has since grown in size and this year I'm looking at hatching my own chicks.

Looking forward to see what everyone else is up to.
Hello! and welcome to the forums! I've been growing plants, fruits, and vegetables in my back yard. Everything seems to be great. I've learned a lot here in the forums.

WildBird

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Welcome! Hatching is a great hobby, especially with eggs from your own flock!

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You'll have a blast hatching those eggs! And what a steal, on getting that incubator!
Hello and welcome to the forums, yeah... That Incubator is really a catch, too bad no one is selling an Incubator near me, I really need one I'm having tons of hatchlings.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hello from the UK.

For almost 8 years I've been growing fruit and veg on my allotment. In 2017, I took it a little further and decided to get some livestock. Limited with space, I decided to get a small flock of chickens. The flock has since grown in size and this year I'm looking at hatching my own chicks.

Looking forward to see what everyone else is up to.
Hello!! Welcome to the forums!! 8 Years!! that is such a long time, I bet you have a lot of tips because of your experience. I hope to hear from you more in our forums!!

Latest posts