Hello from Tn.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I thought Id join this site because Im interested in self sufficient lifestyle. I believe we have gotten too far away from living as one with nature.
I grow my own garden every year and can most if it. I have chickens and a few cows, one cow in particular that may be heading to freezer camp.
Im also a member of BYH under the name Rammy, in case any members from there happen to be members here, too.
Glad to be part if this site!

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hi there! Glad to have you come over to this side of the fence! When can you usually start your spring garden? Weather seems to be challenging everywhere lately...

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hi there! Glad to have you come over to this side of the fence! When can you usually start your spring garden? Weather seems to be challenging everywhere lately...

Hi FEM...this year I couldnt start my garden until April. Too much rain. Garden didnt do too well since it rained so much. Plus deer liked my tomatoes alot. I think next year I'll put up a deer stand in the trees.
Hopefully it will do better next year. Normally I start about March. But this year I couldnt even plow it up til later in the spring.
Last year I put in potatoes and the moles at them. I got only a dozen taters out of two rows.
Next year, they will be in raised containers.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We had the rain issue here too so I started in big cattle tubs and a couple raised beds. When it finally did get dry enough to plant my garden started out like gangbusters but then we got rain again and I had some problems. I get decent tomatoes from the tubs. Green beans were fair, but Red Ripper peas and okra did great. Terrible to say - but I usually have my best garden when we have a really dry year and I can control the water...