hello from Wales

Perris

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Perris. I live in the Gower peninsula in Wales, an area of outstanding natural beauty, and I'm interested in self-sufficiency because I'd like to help to try to keep it that way. I expect to learn a lot here, and in due course contribute to the collective wisdom.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Perris. I live in the Gower peninsula in Wales, an area of outstanding natural beauty, and I'm interested in self-sufficiency because I'd like to help to try to keep it that way. I expect to learn a lot here, and in due course contribute to the collective wisdom.
Howdy and welcome!

Peninsula.. as in stuck out close to the water and lots of wind and rain and storms? Or more protected?

I am close enough to the water that I get a good deal of wind, and rain, and snow :hide but the water also helps to moderate the temperatures.

The water i look out at is a bay, so truly terrible storms are blocked.

I would guess that you are far enough north on the coast there, that Ireland should block truly bad Atlantic storms?

Are things there still Autumn, or already winter?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hi Perry’s from east Texas. It will be fun to compare the places we live, how we garden, raise animals and our self sufficient practices. I’m so glad you joined!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Welcome, There are some really good hearted people on this site. Who are willing to share their knowledge and wisdom.

What's your first question?

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸