Hello from western Kentucky!

Jess172

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Me and the hubby are just starting out on homesteading. He grew up raising chickens and helping in the garden and loved it. Anyways, we have lots and lots of projects planned for this spring/summer. We are getting chickens, ducks, and guineas. The chicken coop is almost complete :) We will be putting up a small green house soon, made from cattle panels. We are planning on putting out a garden, planting lots if fruit trees and expanding our blackberry bushes. We are going to start composting and I'm going to start canning! If we have the time.....my husband wants to get into seed saving and I'm considering getting meat rabbits. Yes, I know it's a big list but we love to stay busy and if we don't get to do it all this year, there is always next year :)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
:welcome Sounds like you have quite a lot going on.

Bush Woman

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hi! :frow Welcome!!!
Rabbits are good to get! I raise them, and they multiply so quickly you always have a fresh supply of meat and pretty soon, when word gets around, you make a little extra selling breeding stock!!!!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You will enjoy this site. I learned so much here and everyone is so nice! welcome!!

Jess172

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for all the warm welcomes! :weee