Hello. New guy from Texas

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hello. My name is James, i live in north Texas. I just started what i call a homestead for the family. Its about 3 acres. So far in 6 months we have rabbit hutches build and rabbits providing, chicken coop done and running and a garden planted a little late but we are hopeful. Future plans include garden expansion, hog pen, and cellar.

Im pretty new to all of this but i have been getting alot of help on byc. We started with 3 rabbits, 10 chickens, and a craigslist incubator. We now ha e 20 rabbits, 45 chickens and some meat in the freezer.

I also enjoy hunting and fishing, although i haven't had time to get a line wet this year with all the work around the place.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I used to have rabbits, I can talk rabbits!! I had angoras for a few years, quit, and then raised various miniatures for a few years.

:welcome

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Welcome to SS :frow You've done well so far! We have some active gardening threads going here, if you'd like to join in and tell us what you're up to.

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
t3cae98_Welcome_Poolforum.gif

Welcome to our group. Sounds like you are off to a great start. Jump right into conversations.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Welcome from NH! Sounds like a good start! Looking forward to hearing more from you. Don't think there are others with rabbits here, what breed(s) do you have?