Hello new here from Indiana

itsjustme

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Just joined Ss and wanted to say hello. I'm not totally self sufficient yet but hope to be one day. This looked like a good place to learn some tips and tricks. And hopefully I can help someone else out here and there?

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
:welcome I don't know that any of us are completely SS. Tell us more about yourself.

itsjustme

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
:welcome I don't know that any of us are completely SS. Tell us more about yourself.
Was hoping to be a little more self suffient this year and bought chickens, , turkeys guineas, thinking I would raise off spring as meat. I wanted birds and used that as my selling point to get bf on board. He loved the idea until it timed to clean some extra tom turkeys we ended up with lol now I just have pets. I wanted to get rabbits a nd geese this year and dream of havingsheep or alpacas one day. I knit and crochet and want to produce my own yarn. Im a newbie to all of this and am learning as I go. Happy to be part of this site and amongst. Like minded people .

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
My hubby pretty much keeps his hands off of things. I have extra chickens, I'm the one that processes them. This year, he decided he wanted his own section of the garden to try some stuff and now he's driving me nuts! He keeps on telling me stuff I already know, and doesn't understand why I don't get a big thrill out of it.

sleuth

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hoosier-raised and forever a Hoosier-at-heart, if not by current geography. Welcome to the boards from Ohio!

itsjustme

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
My hubby pretty much keeps his hands off of things. I have extra chickens, I'm the one that processes them. This year, he decided he wanted his own section of the garden to try some stuff and now he's driving me nuts! He keeps on telling me stuff I already know, and doesn't understand why I don't get a big thrill out of it.
Lol iv not processed a chicken or turkey b4 but I'm willing to learn. I would just have to do it while everyone was gone and say oh no I sold him lol bf takes care of gardening. He plants what he wants and always puts in a section for for the kids and they take care of their stuff and then usually he will plant something if he hears me mention it. I help when he needs it but we pretty much just split the chores. I take care of anything that has a pulse and breathes and household chores lol he takes care of everything else lol we help out when helps needed . Its just works for us.