Hello!!

AnitaDeason

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Good morning
I'm a stay at home mom currently homeschooling my 17yr old daughter. We are in the process of starting our little homestead and I'm absolutely tickled to be reading and learning everything. We hope to be totally self sufficient within 5 yrs.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hey I just welcomed you at BYH so welcome here also! You'll find a few of us are both places. Self sufficiency is a fun journey to be on, isn't it?

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
sgreeting_welcome_team_100-100.gif

Glad you are with us. We are a small group, but we exchange a lot of ideas and have some fun at the same time.
Tell us a little bit about your homestead...and, we love pics!
Don't hesitate to jump into conversations, ask questions and share what you are learning.

Jim

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Howdy from Arkansas. You will love getting to know everyone and if you have any questions, someone will have the answer. I homeschool my 12 year old, and 15 year old sons. They hate it and will be going back to public school next fall. :barnie

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Welcome! :frow Please tell us a bit more about yourself and your plans? We love hearing what everyone is up to.

AnitaDeason

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Thank you all for the warm welcome!! I have PTSD and honestly dread people so we decided a huge move was for the best. We are in the middle of 2 acres, my grandparents place and we love it. Within 5 miles of a national forest that we can hunt also. Already started with chickens and hope to soon add goats, pigs and rabbits. We hope within the next 5 yrs to be able to cut out all meat and dairy purchases, I'm already making LOTS of stuff at home and we will be setting up a water storage system this fall. Our last child is home as stated but she is ready to fly the coop as soon as she graduates and then it will be only the hubby and I with our little farm, lol. This week I'm trying to learn meal planning, lol.. Wish me luck.
Anita

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sounds exciting! I've got goats, chickens, and American Guinea Hogs. We are in total milk overflow right now and are milking 6 goats at the moment. One step (or six) at a time and you'll get there!