Hello!

GypsyG

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hello from Missouri! I'm an urban homesteader from Missouri! I raise meat rabbits, keep a flock of laying hens, have planted edible landscaping and plant a big garden. I plan on adding muscovy ducks, quail, utility pigeons, tilapia and crawdads in the near future.

I'm also a member at backyardchickens (MotherOfPeepPeeps) and BackyardHerds (GypsyG). I look forward to to mooching off y'all's wealth of collective knowledge!

:frow

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Welcome! Great to have you here :frow Pull up a chair and jump into the discussions, or start your own :) We love pics and any info, stories or general craziness everyone has to share.

GypsyG

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I plant four 10x20 and four 6x12 tilled beds, and I have raised beds and planters and trellises scattered around everywhere.

As far as edible landscaping, there are two mature mullbery trees on the place, a big mature black walnut, a bigbbut young white oak, an old crabapple, four dwarf apples, two dwarf pears, two dwarf peaches, a dwarf apricot, a dwarf plum, and a hardy fig. I have two young elderberry trees, a pawpaw, a quince, and a hawthorn. I have four hardy kiwis, some hops, jerusalem artichokes, black berries, raspberries, blueberries, huckleberries, honey berries, currants, loads of edible flowers and herbs.... artichokes, purple millet, four kinds of sunflowers, love lies bleeding amaranth in green and red, turmeric, soap wort, ... I use lots of eye catching colorful vegetables for accent plants. I'm going to try to add a ginko this year. It is my goal to make sure every plant and tree on the property has a use... I'm sure I forgot to mention something!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Wow, you have a great collection of trees and plants! I'd love to see pics of your garden if you have any?

GypsyG

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Not many on my phone... I'm going to have to wait until my sister comes over. She is more tech savvy than me and can get the pictures off of my camera.
:old

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow! What a nice bunch of permanent plantings! Welcome to SS!!