hello

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
decided to look around and glad to see so many familiar faces too (from TEG :) ).

been a good day outside today and now a bit too tired to run on as my norm so i will keep it short in this intro.

i'm a middle aged guy living with Mom and loving life and gardening. my philosophy is keep it simple and have fun. i use natural methods as much as possible (i don't call it organic but slip up at times). our soil is heavy clay with a little sand. some gardens have come along well being amended and used for years now and others are still getting established. a lot of them were perennial flower beds before and then before that they were vegetable gardens for a few years and before that it was old farm field left fallow and before that it was forested swamp land of the Saginaw River Valley.

if you want more details i have a long thread on TEG and also the website for people to look at until i can fill in more here on SS. questions always happy to answer. let 'em rip! :)

https://www.theeasygarden.com/threads/stubbed-toes-and-mud-pies.21224/

http://www.anthive.com/

will be fun to get to know everyone and also see new aspects of those i already know.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thank you. i should be sleeping but Mom is watching _Keeping Up Appearances_ on DVD and has the volume cranked. lol normally i sleep through such things if i'm tired enough but this evening i'm not quite ready to zonk out yet.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I don't think Keeping up Appearances is still available to me. I loved that show! American humor doesn't even begin to compete with the Brits!

we have no cable tv, no dish network or the like, so any tv we get is local channels and PBS stations, but since i don't watch much tv at all i don't really care. Mom gets things by request through the library so that is how she watches almost everything and then i have to listen along. most the time i can tune it out, but not the Bucket Lady... *shudder*

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i am, there's so much here i kinda am overwhelmed by it, but i'll nose through it eventually and probably poke into some ancient threads too. :) i'm one of those people who will browse the dusty shelves at the library and find things that have been pushed back.

besides the CS degree and working in that field for the years i did i also was a small town librarian until the change of management got too nasty. i still miss the place and the work and the friends i made there.

Latest posts