Hello!

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I guess I should introduce myself. I'm Rebecca from AR. I really like this site, I have always wanted to be SS. Seems though when you weren't raised that way, when you get out on your own learning it is hard. We have had some pretty severe weather here the last couple of years and so due to necessity we have just about got the preparedness for short term disasters down. And I also learned if you don't have Someone UP There on your side it really doesn't matter if your prepared or not. I am trying to learn to make soaps, det., etc from scratch. I am also learning to can, raise and prepare food and all that good stuff! Sooooo....If anyone has any ideas for me and what I should be learning or a good place to learn, I am open to it. Nice to meet y'all!
Rebecca

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Rebecca, you have missed alot of good threads, so use your search feature for topics that may interest you. If you have any ideas or questions, we love to mull over things or steal other's good ideas! ;)

:welcome

Okiemommy

Supermom
Reaction score
Seems though when you weren't raised that way, when you get out on your own learning it is hard.
I can totally relate to this. Parents learned all of this stuff growing up, but didn't pass it on to me. So I know what ya mean.

:welcome :welcome :welcome

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score

We love new people. Sounds like you are already on your way to being more SS. Nothing like short term disasters to make you want more long term knowledge and preparedness.

If you can't find answers by searching there are lots of people here with great ideas. (I know because I pick their brains all the time.)

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score

Glad to have you here Rebecca. Always glad to have new members to exchange ideas & thoughts with.

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:frow Welcome from Indiana!
Glad you joined us!

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Hi Rebecca! I haven't been a member of this forum that long but there are so many here with knowledge, experience and even questions that I didn't think to ask! Just jump right in!