HELP!!!!! My chickens are dropping dead!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well darn, that just ruins my whole image of you ~gd! :D

You said that "they do work for mosquitos" so I thought maybe you had the iside track.

Seriously - thanks for all the good info you put out here.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, I hope your animals don't have to spend out too much of their lives in the basement. When its too buggy here, we generally rake up leaves and grass and get a smokey fire going. I like to keep the smoke going well into the night sometimes, because even if we are inside, the animals aren't. DH has been known to spray inside of the roost. I perfer him spraying just the walls of the coop, nesting boxes and roost, and not hitting the litter or ground. Studying herbology and there are a lot of natural things, I can possibly put together, so the bugs will hate, but I don't have to be afraid of the chemicals finding their way back in the house. I hope you come up with some way to offset your loses. I recall being very discouraged when a plague hit my farm. I was going around with my wheelbarrow, picking up the dead and almost dead to dispose. You talk about discouraging......Hello. Well, really hope the worst is behind you.