Reaction score
me too I will do the tea tree oil I posted maybe while you were typing above,
thanks for all your help!

nighty night

bornthrifty

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ok I see your post back there now, yes I know you have to be carefull

that is my fear also this word systemic, so far no fever in the leg, I will keep a close eye on that
night again for real...

bornthrifty

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
so over night we went from a two inch area that was pinkish to now barely perceivable pink
and the area right around the puss filled area went from reddish pink to light pink it looks really really good,
so we are going in the right direction
and it seems like the tea tree oil diluted in coconut oil has been the most effective thing I have done
so thanks for the advice!!!

and best of all while I was worried about the infection being more serious than my eyes can see, my daughter is bright eyed and bushy tailed today (and yesterday) no fever and the pox are leaving now, thank goodness!

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, I saw the pic on the tool bar, so here I am. My best guess was impentigo.....indian fire. Well, the good thing, is most of the advice wouldn't have harmed it and you acted and are heading in the right direction.
For whatever it is worth, I like salt water to help cure any bo-bos. If the child can just bathe in a tub, with epsom salts and then do whatever kind of treatment with healing properties, you are on the right track. But make sure you cut nails and clean real good under them. Also, clean the nostrils of the child, make sure you give cold med, rather medical or natural, if symptoms are present, because I suspect the problem went from nose, to nail to wound.
If there is any chance at all I am right, have a talk about spreading infections and washing hands. You might want some kind of antibiotic ointment put in nostrils too.