HELP PLEASE!!! MY DAD IS GOING TO GET RID OF MY DOG

3:19farmandoutdoors

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get a 6yr old dog used to a cat? How do I get my indoor/outdoor dog to stop attacking my outdoor cats?
I need help if I don't get help my dad is going to get rid of my dogs and I do not want to because I've had her for 6 yrs and i don't want to get rid of her? PLEASE HELP😭😭😭😭😭😭

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Until you get your dog's behavior changed, you should
  • Confine your dog. Such as walk your dog on-leash (I know it's a pain when they're used to being loose outside) or use a tie-out. The thing you need to be wary of is confinement increases frustration which increases predatory behavior. So don't confine excessively and don't rely on confinement as a permanent solution. It's just to keep your cat alive while you are training
  • Increase your dog's physical and mental exercise. Look for activities that use your dog's body and brain at the same time. Depending on where you live and what your dog likes to do, you might try barn hunt, herding, UpDog, dock diving, parkour, puller, fitness training, obedience or trick training. If you live near a city, going for city walks is good physical and mental exercise. Dog parks is your dog enjoys it.
  • Put out plenty of safe hiding spots for your cat(s). Something your dog can't crush, flip, or stick his head into and reach a cat. Place them strategically where cat/dog conflict tends to occur or where your cat tends to run to escape.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I had to use a shock collar on my german shepherd to get her to not herd the deer and elk.

Hermes the mini aussie has one and gets zapped if he grabs a chicken. He likes to hold them down because they yell. Also if he crosses the gate towards the road. He learned not to on the gate fast. He mostly leaves the chickens alone.

3:19farmandoutdoors

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I had to use a shock collar on my german shepherd to get her to not herd the deer and elk.

Hermes the mini aussie has one and gets zapped if he grabs a chicken. He likes to hold them down because they yell. Also if he crosses the gate towards the road. He learned not to on the gate fast. He mostly leaves the chickens alone.
what brand do you use?

Latest posts