help with lost recipes?

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
I had two recipes that I loved but have not made in over 30 (yes, children, thirty) years because I lost the recipes.

The first was a Sesame Fried Chicken. It was a Family Circle or Good Housekeeping recipe that my Mom made. Basically a fried chicken coating that was made of flour, a bunch of spices and sesame seeds. It was a pretty long list of ingredients. The wonderful thing about it was that my Mom didn't fry it- she baked it and it came out crispy.
I have tried and tried to duplicate the recipe to no avail. The sesame seeds were in the flour coating, not added later. It is not an oriental type stir fry or anything like that.
How could I have been so careless as to have lost it. :hit

The other one was a Milk Chocolate Mousse cake- it had cream and melted chocolate and was a freezer dessert. Not dark chocolate.

If by any weird chance any has these recipes-

PunkinPeep

Humble Ambitions
Reaction score
I have an old Betty Crocker Cookbook, and i was hoping....but to no avail.

I really hope you find your lost recipe. I know the feeling.
:hugs
I had the best cookbook ever, and it can only be purchased in a little town in Michigan. My mother has gifted it to me twice! And twice i have lost the book! Unbelievable! I'm not usually quite so irresponsible. And oh i miss that cookbook!

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Do you have a range of years that the recipe may have appeared in the magazine?

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
I can't believe I lost track of this thread- you can see how the recipe got lost in the first place.
Punkinpeep- that is not it but that recipe gave me some new ingredients to tey.
sylvie- it must have been in the late 1960's- yes I'm that old and that tells you how good this recipe was if I still hunger for it almost 50 years later.

Thanks for the replies and forgive my inattention.