helping hens lay again?

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
The tuna sounds like a good idea and I bet canned mackerel complete with the mushy calcium rich bones in it would be even better. Some fish is really high in omega 3 and the fatty oils would be well welcome in the cold conditions some of us have.

I am definitely stealing that idea in the future! Thanks!!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
We got six eggs yesterday (in spite of our rat issue) and a turkey egg, too! We bought one bag of layer pellets and put lights in the house. I also am taking the cooked mashed bones and meat scraps out of the freezer and have started feeding some every 2-3 days. So which is working, I'm not sure. I do see a pullet egg here and there, so the young 'uns are starting. Hopefully the floodgates will open and I can sell some to pay for feed!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
From my 3 I am getting 1 egg a day. My little Willy girl who likes to lay in the rosemary has not laid any eggs in quite a while....weeks. Not a one. I am thinking that the little stinker found a new spot to lay :rolleyes:

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Now, out of 18 chickens, I get 1-3 eggs per day. My 5 Americaunas haven't layed since October and it's been a few weeks for the Buff's, too.

The Black Australorpes are the only productive ones.

I had to buy eggs to make a cake for Christmas.

Latest posts