HENS IN BAD CONDITIONS!!!!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol you're fine. I couldn't add a link (darn cell phone), just said it was happening. Thanks for adding one!

We live in a semi-rural area but eggs sell for $4/dozen at the farmer's market.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I also don't have daily layers. My Dominiques lay 3x/week on average, dorkings will lay less. The rest, we'll see but should be slightly more. Eggs are worth more to us when we don't get as many!

Those are decent pullet prices!

Swede

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Back in Braintree, they had a lovely free range egg farm. I used to pet the cute chickens and laugh at the turkeys. God bless the person who made that :)

Swede

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I went and spoke to a big supermarket's manager a few years ago about the eggs they are selling (battery farm eggs only). A rival supermarket sold free range eggs as well, at exactly double the price I sold mine at. Long story short, I talked the supermarket into stocking free range eggs and at a reasonable price. I told the manager if I can make a 100% profit on my eggs by selling them at half the price their competitors do… ;) A few weeks later they were selling free range eggs at a much lower price than the competing supermarket, though still more than I charged, it was a good start.

Great work sumi! :thumbsup: