Herbal Studies

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
LOL bummer Rhoda! Will they give you a kick back????
I wish I felt like I had the time to invest in this right now... But the thought of book learning still over whelms me. Maybe someday.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Rhoda, I am so sorry about your mother. :hugs I just don't have the words to say, other than I am saddened for your loss.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thankyou. Its been a little while, so some healing. Last night was kinda rough, so I treated myself to a Woman of God gathering and got to cry it out a little. The various tragedies my family had to endure were all normal, but what made them so hard was that they occured so close together. 4 deaths in an 18 month period, with a heart attack and a burnt home (brother).....thats a lot of losses, in a very short period. So last night, I was deserving a good cry. These 4 people helped make me into the person I am today.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't know why things seem to happen all together like that. It can be overwhelming. I am glad you have a good group of people to talk to. Sometimes a good cry is what we need.

You said you would like to have a walnut tree. What about a black walnut? It should grow where you are, unless you plant it on the beach. :lol: I am in southeast Texas and they thrive here.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
DH did mention that there are some that are supposed to grow in zone 10. I will order a handful, plant about 2 and send a couple to my SIL's hunting camp in MS. She is zone 9. I only want a bucket full a year....enough for having a pan of hulls for healing purposes and, of course, the nuts for baking and candy. We'll give it a try. Its not like I don't have the room for it.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Rhoda - do you know if you can use the raw nuts? We have LOTS of black walnuts here, I could probably collect some and mail them to you. I don't know how you can sprout them or anything, but it might be worth something.
Drop me a message if you'd like, and we can see if we can figure it out.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Will do. Actually, its more the outter hulls I'm after. I can't even recall what all treatments I read, using them, but I believe most were topical. I more recall the remedies that I will actually be able to put into use, for herbs/weeds that do grow locally.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Bored half to death. Still studying for my 8th test, in a book that is intended for doctors or the like. Its way above what I want to know, but I have found a useful tip, that I'm currently trying. I'm just going to have to force myself to finish that book ASAP and test out of it. I guess they included that particular book to give us some book that gives us a little medical credibility. I guess if someone is ever pushed in a corner and being called a witch doctor, they can use that book to defend themself in a scientific manner. They do have a bibliography after each chapter....like 3 pages long. Case studies, comparing the herbs/placebo/medications in blind studies, so thats good, but I'm looking forward to my next book more than I can possibly say.
Well, I have one more shift of work, then I have 7 days off, to play farmgirl.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Anybody want to go to the HERBAL HOMEOPATHIC NEW GRADUATE WITCH DOCTOR!!!

Folks, let me introduce ya'll to Marie Laveau!! :lol:

2536_witch-doctor.jpeg