heritage vegetables

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
does anyone have any suggestions for reference books on heritage vegetable varieties? i would like to branch out of the run-of-the-mill varieties this coming year but i don't really know where to start. is there a veggie encyclopedia or something?

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I agree-Baker is the very best. Also like Seed Savers.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I will 3rd that. They have great seeds and info. Everything I ordered from them came up.

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks TH for that link! I have been looking for a good source for heritage seeds. :frow

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Tritto :D Seed Saver's Exchange has great descriptions of all their seeds. Bakers is awesome, too. I also like Seeds of Change, although their selection is more limited than SSE.

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
And one of my favorite places for tomatoes (since that's the biggest crop I grow) is Gary Ibsen's Tomatofest. You'll find the biggest selection of tomatoes there and he has a special fondness for heritage tomatoes (as do I) so they're in a section by themselves. REALLY good descriptions.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Your welcome!! If your interested in a catalogue sign up for one now. They are beautiful. The artist is the mother of the young man who owns the company. It's a treat to receive in the mail.

Did anyone notice they opened a new store in Northern Ca. I was very surprised to see it.

gina

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
If your interested in a catalogue sign up for one now. They are beautiful. The artist is the mother of the young man who owns the company. It's a treat to receive in the mail.
i did! i can't wait. another thing to obsessively pour over while muttering to myself and making the family think i've finally gone bonkers! yes!