He's home!

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I'm very surprised - he's home, with no diet restrictions, very sore, he can't get up or down easily, but he's home, and doing pretty well, all things considered. I can't believe they sent him home just four days after such major surgery, but I guess unless you're bleeding on the floor they kick your butt out as soon as they can :rolleyes: I just hope it isn't too early. But such a relief - now we have to wait til Friday to get the pathology report.

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That is great news. I am always surprised how soon they do send you home though. Hope he is feeling better soon!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Oh I am so glad you have your hubby home!

Hope he heals soon and the report comes back with the results you are hoping for. :)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wonderful
I bet he is thrilled to be home!!
Now you get to baby him a bit! :)

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
Wonderful
I bet he is thrilled to be home!!
Now you get to baby him a bit! :)
Get to baby him a bit? :gig No, he's a good patient, I feel bad for him this morning, he went all night without a pain pill and he can barely move this morning, the pain is intense. He's upstairs in bed now, he tried sleeping downstairs in the recliner because it's easier for him to get up, but I don't think it worked well for him. One good thing is he's determined to lose all that excess around his middle that's causing so much of his discomfort. I hope he sticks with it.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
So glad he is home. That kick you out of the hospital thing is awful sometimes. But I think people actually get better quicker at home. I know I do. I would much rather be home recovering than laying in a hospital.
Keeping my fingers crossed for good news on Friday. Please let him know we are all thinking about him.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
That was really quick! Glad he's back. Let us know about the reports.

the simple life

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
:woot Glad he is home.
Just being home and not in the hospital is a great thing, its so much better recover in your own home around your family.
Tell him to take his pain meds though or he will make it worse on himself, pain can cause depression after such a major surgery.
Getting a good nights sleep is very important right now.
No sleep and being in pain is a bad combo, especially after the shock to his system that comes with such an invasive procedure.
Add to that mix that he is now laid off of work and has worries about that and you have a potential disaster on your hands emotionally, mentally and physically.
Tell him to take his pain medication, gets some sleep and get better.
Oh and tell him that you really enjoy waiting on him hand and foot and that you are at his beck and call, its what you live for :lol:
I hope he is feeling better soon.:)

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
:yuckyuck Yes, I am home for lunch and made him his lunch first, scrambled eggs, we'll see how that goes down - it's now been almost a week since he's eaten! A little at a time.

You're right about being laid off, I don't think it does any man any good to be laid off, sitting around thinking too much isn't good for anybody. We'll see how long it lasts, I think he'll be back to work after his two month recovery is complete - at another company, though.