Hey Dawn419, Did you get Rain?

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Just wondering if the storm front that has moved through SE Missouri also blessed your neck of the woods with some good rain? Hoping....

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:hugs Thanks, sl! :hugs

We ended up with about a half an inch of rain between yesterday and early this morning. While it isn't much, it's way more than we've been getting and I'm thankful for it. :bow

It was good timing, too, as the blackberries are just starting to ripen up here! :cool: Now if the wind would just take a break and quit drying the ground out so quickly! :rolleyes:

Did you get much of it? :fl

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yeah, I think we got about a half inch, as well. The forecasters say there's still a chance of rain tomorrow here, so hoping we get a little more. Of course, I wasn't home to get the full enjoyment of the rain. I love to watch those first few draught-breaking drops splatter on the back deck!:weee That's my rain dance.

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Did you get any of the rain yesterday, so lucky?

We had a few drops, but that was all. Tried my best to make it rain by collecting deadfall wood for the firepit and picking blackberries, but I think I messed up by covering the wood pile and moving the camp chairs up under the roof! :gig

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Got no rain on Friday, but the garden was still obviously damp from the rain on Thursday. First time that has happened this season! My DH actually washed both vehicles last week thinking that would do it: No. I left my car windows down one night; what a sacrifice but it would have been worth it: no luck. All the old sure-fire rain makers are failing us!!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Invite me to go camping in a tent. That should do the trick. :/