Hey from Sweden!

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Welcome to the fun.
Your English is actually very good. Way better than my Spanish. I used to speak it well, but not much practice here.

Sunny & the 5 egg layers

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
:welcome I am glad you decided to join us! Your english is very good in my opinion. It is very hard to learn a new language so kudos to you for learning english! :thumbsup

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:welcome

I was told once, by a man from Norway, that the reason that many Norwegians can speak English, and other languages, is because they feel it is hopeless to expect anyone else to learn Norwegian! :lol: Perhaps you feel the same in Sweden? I think it is wonderful that schools in Europe are more interested in teaching languages than our American schools. My German husband had 6 years of English in school, as well as several years of French. While I, in the same time period (1960's and '70's) had a couple of years of French - which I failed, very successfully! :gig I didn't learn a foreign language well enough to speak it until I moved to Germany to teach English; 3 years of teaching others my own language, and living in the culture, (and marrying my "dictionary with ears" ;)) has given me a reasonable command of that language. The fact that my husband's family and friends refuse to speak English with me has helped a lot :lol:. In the beginning it was because *I was living in Germany, and had to learn*; now it is because my German is better than their English! ;)

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
:welcome.. I only speak hillbilly southern english. Thank goodness my drawl does not show in my typing. Well, maybe it does.
Looking forward to following your journey.

Neiklot

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Britesea said:
Hello and welcome to our madness!

How much land do you have? Do you own it or lease?
Thanks!

I think we have the same madness in sweden!.. ;)

We own a a cottage (small house) and we have about 4000kvm.

I don't know how you measure it, but about 400-500yard2, is that right?

But that house where to small (some how, our family got bigger) so now we lease a small farm with about 40.000kvm.

In our own house, we lived totaly OffGrid (no electricity), no running water (don't know how you say it, spoiling?). It was fun, i liked it more then my wife but anyway..

Now we have electricity, and That's madness!

/Markus

Neiklot

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ORChick said:
:welcome

I was told once, by a man from Norway, that the reason that many Norwegians can speak English, and other languages, is because they feel it is hopeless to expect anyone else to learn Norwegian! :lol: Perhaps you feel the same in Sweden?
Im not gonna answear that, but we know why americans can't speak any other languages! :D;)

It's good, i think that that in school here, you start with english in third grade and then it follows you all the time.

And it has been to much i think!
Because, in tv, sport and everywhere, they often use swedish/english or english words instead of just pure swedish.

About the journey, shall i wrote that in the "profileblog" or in some "indexpost"?

(Btw: we can have a lesson in swedish sometime! ;))

Neiklot

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hey everybody!

I had some troubles, anyhow, I'm back again. :)

/Markus -