Hey y'all from Texas

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just wanted to give a quick hey to let everyone know we're here. We've decided to leave the city life and start a homestead. First thing we're trying to get accustomed to is things are on a different time schedule in a small town. There's a population of just over 800 people and a lot of stuff stops when the sun goes down. The post office closes at noon and is only open for one hour on Saturday. The gas station closes at 10 pm and the next town is 12 miles away. Did I mention that it's dark? Still trying to wrap my head around how dark it is with no lights from the city stuff. Anywho, just wanted to let you all know that we're here.

Light pollution - I had to grow used to it also. I can look north East and see the glow in the sky from the closest town about 1/2 hours drive away. Shortly after we moved in a man from the electric company came out and said they were going to put a light on the pole in our front yard. I said you do and I'll shoot it out. They never came back :) i like being out in the country in the dark.

Latest posts