Hey

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hey from Wyoming. I'm a 22 year old single mother with a 3 year old son. I was raised to be Self-sufficient But it never sunk in until I had my son. So now I'm working on getting a store of caned and dried food with a very helpful little boy:barnie.

I live in a tiny rental with no yard so livestock is out of the question. I can't wait to get a bigger place. And on top of that I still don't have my hunters safety:rolleyes: so if I want wild game I need to rely on relatives and pray that they have extra meat. But I'm going to be taking the class this winter so I'll be able to hunt next year:fl.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Oh ya its a good thing I live in a small town where everyone looks after each other

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Do you raise any kind of garden in the summer? Even in a small space you can raise a lot of food. Welcome to the forum from northeast Texas.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This might sound kinda weird but....even in an apartment you can raise at least 1 kind of meat animal: Guinea Pigs, called cuy. They are small and gentle, the meat tastes a bit like squirrel (very tasty done with Shake N Bake). Don't let the fact that in this country they are primarily considered pets; chickens are often kept as pets too, and I haven't run across too many people that refuse to eat them because of that.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Do you raise any kind of garden in the summer? Even in a small space you can raise a lot of food. Welcome to the forum from northeast Texas.
Ya I have 2 planters that I use for gardening they are about 1 foot wide and 6 feet long.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hey, back atcha. Too bad about the no animals rule. There are so many restrictions now days when you rent. Especially if it is run by a rental agency. Some places you can't even have potted plants on a terrace. Once you have children that SS gene kicks in when you are thinking past yourself. You'll get a plethora of ideas from this site. Welcome.