Hi from New Zealand

livinglandnz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hello. I live in New Zealand and have about 30 acres of land I am currently working on to build a cabin, I have cleared about 200 Pine trees to make a safe area to build/work on. I love growing my own food along with hunting and diving. I do everything I can to provide my own meat (mostly venison). The plan is to raise my own chickens as well, I am planning on moving onto the land in about 4-6 months. I have recently begun videoing the progress and journey so far as I want to be able to look back at where it all started. I am looking forward to sharing ideas and seeing how other people live a self sufficient life from other countries.

livinglandnz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks, its mostly native bush and there are plenty of deer on the property.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
welcome from mid-Michigan. you'll probably need fences for any gardening attempts with a lot of deer around. they do a lot of damage to my gardens here outside the fences.

livinglandnz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
welcome from mid-Michigan. you'll probably need fences for any gardening attempts with a lot of deer around. they do a lot of damage to my gardens here outside the fences.

Yeah Once I have a garden etc built I will figure out the best sized area to put up deer fencing, I dont want to shoot to many on my place as I like having them there. I shoot alot of deer in other areas so no point clearing them out in my own back yard.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Welcome from east Texas. I just bought a double wide mobile home on 25 acres that has been part of a larger place for raising cattle. I’ve got a lot of work ahead of me, fencing it for my sheep and dogs. Haven’t even moved in yet!

livinglandnz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Welcome from east Texas. I just bought a double wide mobile home on 25 acres that has been part of a larger place for raising cattle. I’ve got a lot of work ahead of me, fencing it for my sheep and dogs. Haven’t even moved in yet!
That sounds fantastic, would like to hear more about that.