Hi from San Diego

perchie.girl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I only just found out Nifty has this site.... I absolutely love the way he sets them up.... I am SO firing Yahoo. Nifty you made my day...

So I have a place up in the high desert. Last year we got three inches of precipitation.... including snow. Every thing I do up there has to be irrigated unless its native to the area.... Surprisingly there are quite a few things that are native.... Mostly herbal stuff .... but a few berries fruits and veggies.

I am somewhat handicapped using a walker for jobs that require me to be on my feet for any length of time. My plan for a garden is to do Aquaponics and grow a few of the things I like... beans, Tomatoes, squash.... AND Tilapia.... and maybe fresh water shrimp.... still checking on their needs.

deb

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Welcome. Just wondering, w/your name and avatar, do you have horses? (I'm thinking Percherons)

perchie.girl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
LOL Is it that obvious? I have had horses now almost fifty years. The one I have now will be my last.

deb

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Currently, I have 3. Maybe it's something in the name. :D

perchie.girl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
This is my very first draft horse I had to relearn quite a few things because of their difference in physiolology to light horses.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
My biggest horse is my Arab, Misty.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Glad you are here. I can credit SS for me having a Food Saver (love it), a grain mill (fresh bread!!) an Excalibur dehydrator, buckets of rice, beans, wheat......... I have to warn ya' ........it is contagious!! :lol: I just thought I knew something about putting up groceries until I came here!