Hi From Texas!

MrsMitzy

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Hello from North Texas! My husband and I currently live in the city but our house just went under contract and as soon as it is sold we will be moving out to the country - we are looking for 5+ acres. We have done some small scale gardening but our longterm plans are to raise chickens for meat and eggs, keep bees, have a large garden/orchard and eventually grow most of our own produce, and possibly get cows. We have used our "city time" to learn some homesteading skills such as sewing, canning, gardening, etc and I also cook/bake most of our meals from scratch. My husband also owns his own business and about a month ago did an amazing job helping me deliver our 3rd baby at home because the midwife didn't make it in time :) LOL, so I guess we are self-sufficient in that way. We have 3 kiddos ages 3 and under and are interested in self-sufficiency because we want healthier food, we want to be independent and able to survive on our own if need be, and we enjoy the satisfaction of growing, making, and/or cooking our own things. I also have a deep affinity for old-fashioned and/or God-ordained ways- I think they yield the best results. I'm excited to be here and learn from so much wisdom and knowledge!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I just sold my 8 acre farm in Lindale in February and moved to deep east Texas in Trinity county. Waiting to close on 25 acres, supposed to be June 20. Sure hope so!

Where in north Texas are you and where are you looking? In Smith county, where I was, prices have went beyond the moon! Hopefully prices are better where you are.

Congratulations on the baby, home birth and your husband as midwife! Well done!

MrsMitzy

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I just sold my 8 acre farm in Lindale in February and moved to deep east Texas in Trinity county. Waiting to close on 25 acres, supposed to be June 20. Sure hope so!

Where in north Texas are you and where are you looking? In Smith county, where I was, prices have went beyond the moon! Hopefully prices are better where you are.

Congratulations on the baby, home birth and your husband as midwife! Well done!
We are in the Fort Worth area and won't be going too far from where we currently live because we love our church (right now we are about 5 minutes away from church). The prices have been very high but lately they are starting to drop, we just put in an offer on a home today so we will see what the owners say! Thanks for the congrats :)