Hi Marie here

Madhouse Pullet

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Good MOOrnin Marie! Glad you've joined :p
I had no idea you were from the UK! Totally awesome! Now, I'll be reading your posts with an accent. Hahaha
Like you, I'm hoping to get better at gardening :)

Marie2020

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Good MOOrnin Marie! Glad you've joined :p
I had no idea you were from the UK! Totally awesome! Now, I'll be reading your posts with an accent. Hahaha
Like you, I'm hoping to get better at gardening :)
Please don't get my accent mixed up with theetonspeaking people :duc my goodness those people can talk but they just don't seem to say anything. :)

Madhouse Pullet

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Please don't get my accent mixed up with theetonspeaking people :duc my goodness those people can talk but they just don't seem to say anything. :)
I wouldn't know the difference 😂 I guess my version would be closer to how they sound on The Crown 🤣
Have you lived in UK your whole life?

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
People tend to forget that there are regional accents in all countries, too. Here in America, we have Southern, New York, Boston, Western... etc. Same thing in Great Britain, Australia, and so forth. My mother was raised in the Dijon area of France, and she told me how the nuns at the convent where she went to school would punish her because she had a "country" accent and they wanted her to cultivate a "city" accent.

DH told me that one of the funniest things he ever heard was two college kids trying to have a conversation: one was from Appalachia and the other was from the Outback. He ended up acting as translator for them 🤣

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
People tend to forget that there are regional accents in all countries, too. Here in America, we have Southern, New York, Boston, Western... etc. Same thing in Great Britain, Australia, and so forth. My mother was raised in the Dijon area of France, and she told me how the nuns at the convent where she went to school would punish her because she had a "country" accent and they wanted her to cultivate a "city" accent.

DH told me that one of the funniest things he ever heard was two college kids trying to have a conversation: one was from Appalachia and the other was from the Outback. He ended up acting as translator for them 🤣

i can hear that. :)

I lived in the hills of eastern TN for a few years and knew some Aussies from college. :) now add in that i could translate and put a Yooper accent on it. :)

Latest posts