Hi new here

Missa@#5252

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hi everyone I live in berks county pa we can get all 4 seasons in one day lol I started with chickens and a small garden I'm allowed chickens id like to have turkeys I'd like to learn about canning soap making and better organizing to have a bigger garden next season I have a 10x7 greenhouse the size of my yard is roughly.22 acre I'd like cherry pear apple plum and pecan trees I want to do my research over the winter I'm sorry for the stupid question does anyone know if the trees are dwarf trees also?I'd like to learn anything I can because the way things are going I may need some old school ways thanks for listening

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hello and welcome to SS. i don't have any experience with chickens or those trees (other than apple) so i'll let others chime in about those.

.22 acres may be tough to get everything to fit but it also depends upon how much gardening you want to do as compared to the larger plantings that go up and away from the chickens. most garden vegetable crops need a fair bit of sun to be productive.

thinking and daydreaming are great ways to spend a winter season. :)

Missa@#5252

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
hello and welcome to SS. i don't have any experience with chickens or those trees (other than apple) so i'll let others chime in about those.

.22 acres may be tough to get everything to fit but it also depends upon how much gardening you want to do as compared to the larger plantings that go up and away from the chickens. most garden vegetable crops need a fair bit of sun to be productive.

thinking and daydreaming are great ways to spend a winter season. :)
For gardening I was thinking of clear totes as a raised garden bed this year the small patch of ground I did bush beans and they did great I just have to figure out what I wanna grow and how many totes I need I have chicken manure to compost for fertilizer I have some sitting and waiting for next season I just gotta figure out what I wanna try in my greenhouse I have 4rotes set up in there I'm going to try a couple of totes of chicken poo to try to heat it it'll be a learning curve for me I'll give it a shot

Latest posts