Hi there

cartychic

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I figure its about time I introduced myself, im lurking around here along time:D I found this wonderful site in backyard chickens.

About me, Im a stay at home mum to three small kids, two girls 8 and 5 and a wee boy 1, married to the love of my live, who puts up with alot of my mad ideas, and cleans up alot of chicken poo :D
I recently moved to the country, which I love!!!
I woke up one morning and I decided wouldn't it be fun to get some chickens, get some eggs, so I got 3 to start with. I now have 6 chickens, 5 turkeys and 3 ducks!!
While I was out feeding the chickens one day I looked at the garden and said, 'I think I would like a veg garden', so my poor hubbie built my 2 raised beds, which were a great success!! So now he has to build me some more!!
I have along way to go before im as self sufficient as some of the members here, but im hoping one day!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Hi Cartychick! Welcome :)
When I look at your name me semi dyslexic brain see the word cathartic.

delia_peterson

Covered in Compost
Reaction score
cartychic said:
delia_peterson said:
:woot Wow, Ireland! How cool! :D
Have you ever been?
No, but I have some friends who went to Dublin last year. They said everywhere they went was beautiful! And they are going again next year. One day I will go there and Australia. ;)