Hi

flossy

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have finally joined after lurking for well over six months. I live in New Zealand, with my family. I have really enjoyed reading all the stuff on here!!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Welcome! What's the weather like in New Zealand right now? We are all dying from the heat here....my brother went to NZ a couple years ago and said he just loved it....so pretty!

flossy

Power Conserver
Reaction score
lorihadams said:
Welcome! What's the weather like in New Zealand right now? We are all dying from the heat here....my brother went to NZ a couple years ago and said he just loved it....so pretty!
Um, cold!!! we have just started spring, but down here in the south island spring is just a nice way of saying that winter hasn't finished yet!!

We are right by the Pacific Ocean so we don't get snowed on often, but it will be snowing to low levels, around 200m all around us tonight!!! I keep seeing all the 90 degree posts and think ahhhhhhhhhhh. :lol:

Thanks to everyone for your warm welcome. It's great here!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
From what I have seen the homes in NZ are pretty Self Sufficient. Providing for there own water and electricity. Do you live this way? How about land and animals? Just curious... Sorry if I seem nosey!

gina

flossy

Power Conserver
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
From what I have seen the homes in NZ are pretty Self Sufficient. Providing for there own water and electricity. Do you live this way? How about land and animals? Just curious... Sorry if I seem nosey!

gina
Nah that's not nosey at all. 1/4 acre section are the normal around these parts, lots of poeple have chickens in their yards and most people gardens. Land is pretty expensive, mostly because we are a pretty teeny country!!! But the land is very good. We can stock at 1 acre per dairy cow, 10 goats per acre. It is very productive, so you don't need as much land.

We don't have any land at the moment, we have just moved back to NZ from Australia (we are kiwis, not aussies:lol:), but we are hoping to get 10 -15 acres in the next year.

Most poeple are on the grid as far as electricty. People out of town have bores (a well I guess for you) But it's really clean tasting.