Hillfarm - good news, thank heavens.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
wonderful savings on the coupons!

you go girl! I do the same. I am always 60-80 off my bill at least :lol:

did ya notice lately coupons are stinking...lol...they are the ones I don't use, oh well...do my best with coupons anyway

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I just happen to nail a few really good deals. It was my major shopping for the month. Normally I get a better deal, but yeah prices have gone threw the roof and coupons are piddly. Our Brookshire's here has refused to triple like they used to too.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
yay for being back online!!

since I'm not the one cooking meals around here lately, I've had very little say in what meals we're eating :lol: We will cave once or twice a month and buy a frozen or deli pizza as a "treat" for dinner or a weekend lunch. Earlier this week, E went to buy 2 frozen pizzas, that used to be $4 each, but apparantly are now up to $6 or $7??? He bought 2 pizzas, 2 bags of chips, and we decided to treat the kids to a small bag of m&m's, which they don't get often. $30!! :th

I couldn't believe it! Roughly 4 months ago, we'd have paid less than $20 for those same items! I told E that it's definitely going to be a 1x a month treat IF that from now on!

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Grocery prices are unreal. you really have to buy what is on sale and be very careful. I watch meat prices like a hawk.

Congrats on the baby girl. :celebrate

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
So two certified teachers applied for a position as a teacher's aid in our school. WOW. Thats barely minimum wage. Four year degrees, specializations and skills and they can't find a job.
What a nightmare. Texas is going further and further south.

Now I may piss off a lot of people but I have to ask. Why in Texas are we educating children who are illegal? As a teacher we can not ask their status. It's against the law. Yet, they can drain legal tax paying citizens moneys and get a free education. We cut salaries, we expect our teachers to work for squat even though they have exstensive and ongoing educations.

I have zero ill feelings towards the children, a child is a child no matter what their background. BUT, why are we allowing adults to steal our taxdollars when they dont contribute. Just take.

Mexico is a scary and dangerous place, I understand that. BUT again, its illegal yet your kids get a free education and free lunches???? Free daycare, free special needs care. which drains our budgets and our taxes to provide the same excellent care no matter again what their status.

Help me see this in a different light, I am open to other's opinions and input. I am not trying to be hateful or racist. I m trying to grasp why I am expected to take less pay, work longer hours, have less materials, ten plus year old books and the kids just keep coming and coming. Tax dollars in Texas will run out. Too few are paying and too many are draining. What is Rick Perry going to do.... Oh wait, he's working on being President, He could care less.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I think it is a perfectly legitimate question. Especially since if people really want to educate the children of illegals, they can take up a collection or teach them themselves. The taxpayers should NOT be the ones paying for it.

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
What WZ said. :old

And I shudder to think we may have another TX guv as president who once again will do nothing about the border. :somad :hide

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Such a touchy subject here as well. It saddens me that while my child who is struggling and needs extra help is not getting it. But yet two days ago all of the mainstream kids were sent to the playground for extended recess while the ESL kids had special testing. :somad

It is interesting to hear your opinion on Gov. Perry. I thought all Texas just loved him.

G

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I agree.

the 'new way' in this country is get everything for free....from the taxpayers who truly fund this country....and our govt. just hands it out left to right to just anyone. sickens me. wish we had some law against it?? :lol: oh we do, it just is so out of hand our govt. can't control it anymore.

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
the hispanic population is the majority in Texas. Border patrol are overwhelmed and find it useless. Deport them today and see them again in two weeks. It is worth the risk to those who want over. Perry IMO is anti border control because of the huge cheap labor force they provide. And you dont have to report them working so you dont have to pay taxes on them or provide workmans comp or insurance. So its a win win for business. And the business conservative is all behind Perry.

I abhore Perry because he tried to stick a vaccine in my child without my consent so he could make a dollar off my child without concern for her or her rights. Jerk face.

DH and I have decided I would test to teach in Jersey, where he's from and work teaching there. Texas has nothing to offer but poverty and disease and drought and fire..... and we have no govener.

BTW, have you heard of the massive outbreak of TB in our schools? Health department hasnt done squat, too expensive to test everyone. Total cluster Fudge.