Hinotori's house

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just a cell phone picture of one of the silkie pens. What other signs fits as well for the little mutants?

20170730_190320.jpg

waretrop

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Great pics. It's really nice to see others pets....I too, have to protect my chickens from some of those critters....I have electric fences that really work. We have found very very large droppings where a bear intestinal muscles didn't work while hitting the fence... My chickens are also locked in the coop at night for protection.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Love the pictures! My hawk protection is our Great Pyrenees. I have a female that leaps in the air snapping at them. One fall a flock of birds were migrating through our area and were flying low, hanging in the trees, Our GP went nuts, barking and running. I went outside and counted 5 hawks flying over the flock of migrating birds! No wonder they flitted from tree to tree! I put the chickens up and watched Mother Nature's drama. I didn't see a hawk score a kill and they eventually all flew away.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A first attempt at a christmas picture. After fighting with Ashes over it for half an hour, I got one picture. I'm setting stuff up to take a better one. He was not happy with me.
IMG_6840.jpg

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Nettles. I walked through the 20+ foot patch of them in shorts and sandals before I realised they were there. It was burning and of course the only way back over to where I needed go was back through the things. White vinegar helps neutralize the sting. I slowly poured the entire gallon over my legs over the course of about 15 minutes. It did stop it though.
IMG_1400.jpg