Holy delicious Batman! Deer for supper

mrs.puff

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Just had a great dinner of deer loin seared in the skillet then roasted medium rare, with homegrown onion sauce, homegrown sweet taters, homemade mac n cheese, and homemade bread. You just can't get that in a restaurant! I've eaten deer 7 days in a row, minus one. I'm so glad when deer season rolls around!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
MissPuff...Please post pics of your cabin...I would love to see that...one day I really want to live in a small self sufficient cabin!
The deer sounds wonderful! Nothing like fresh meat that isn't store bought huh?

mrs.puff

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
So here's how you can see a whole show about my house and my SO. Check out www.joeplum.com, and watch the video there. I'm a sub teacher and I can only check this site while I'm at school for the most part, and I'm not allowed to upload anything here. I can't even check my regular email. ugh.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Ok, now I am hungry for deer! Sounds like it was a wonderful dinner!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
mrs.puff said:
So here's how you can see a whole show about my house and my SO. Check out www.joeplum.com, and watch the video there. I'm a sub teacher and I can only check this site while I'm at school for the most part, and I'm not allowed to upload anything here. I can't even check my regular email. ugh.
Ahhh I can't watch videos on dail up :barnie

mrs.puff

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Darn! And I can't post pics here at school. (I'm subbing for study hall this hour, so yes, I am doing my job, not just goofing around on the computer!)

shareneh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My 14 year old son got a deer on Saturday and I have been having a blast making meals for my family. I made a deer meat gravy with potatoes and green beans Sunday night. The kids said it was better than my moms :D That's saying a lot. Tonight I made deer meat fajita's with pepper, carrots and onions. Another big hit. I love SS living and my husband loves me more now. :lol: