Home made kitty litter

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
My cat indicates that he has to go outside when he needs to answer the call of nature. One time we left for church and didn't realize he was still inside....and we have no litter box! When we came home he was frantic to get outside and we found that he had had an accident inside for the first time....in the bathroom, on the rug in front of the toilet! At least he new the general area! :lol: If the lid had been up, who knows what he could have done? :D

malbri

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
The animal shelter where I volunteer uses woody pet as kitty litter. I use this in my chicken coops too, and one bag covers my 6x8 area comforably, so a bag should last you a while

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
malbri said:
The animal shelter where I volunteer uses woody pet as kitty litter. I use this in my chicken coops too, and one bag covers my 6x8 area comforably, so a bag should last you a while
:welcome

malbri

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
malbri said:
:welcome
Haha thanks, ive been lurking and finally had something to say.

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I was using just cheap kitty litter as my guy is an indoor kitty only, he's very.... religious about his bathroom duties, and if the kitty box is gross, get this he goes in the BATHTUB LOL, I ran out one day and we had some Yesterday's News hanging around from the doodle puppies, and it seems to last a lot longer than the kitty litter, he likes it all soft on his tootsies, and it's completely biodegradable, we just toss it in the compost pile down the end of the yard. I have one of those Booda Steps cat pans, so it has like stairs coming down from it, no mess from the Yesterdays News :)