home made pads

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks. I think its a great idea. I do keep a stock pile.....well mosta the time, but you just never know what will happen. I'm not all paranoid or anything, but I'm from a place that does have emergencies more than most, so I know something about roughing it.
To tell the truth.......I've done the whole cloth thing, but it wasn't quite as pretty as that one. It looks smart. If the truth were known (and I think a lot of us have plenty in common) I bet a good percentage on the forum has used cloth at least once in their life.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
I use a Diva Cup now, which takes some getting used to, but I like it WAY more than the alternatives.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
There's a huge long thread here somewhere called "how many use and appreciate" and you'll find that it's actually quite common. :)

My teenage daughters and myself have used them for years (they're all my kids have every used actually) and I made some and also bought some off etsy, as one daughter likes a different style better.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
If I still had that problem, I'd be looking into cloth. But, I had a hysterectomy several years ago, so no longer have that problem.

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Didn't see if she said to or not, but I bought crib protectors to use as backing - waterproof and still soft. I also picked a very dark colored flannel.

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
hqueen13 said:
I use a Diva Cup now, which takes some getting used to, but I like it WAY more than the alternatives.
I have something similar for emergencies, but never really got comfortable with them :/

BirdBrain

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I wouldn't go back to sposies if I were paid. I made some lovely cloth ones and the comfort factor just can't compare. They are really easy to make.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
SSDreamin said:
hqueen13 said:
I have something similar for emergencies, but never really got comfortable with them :/
They do have a VERY big learning curve... and the, uhh, mistakes, are NOT fun. It isn't comfortable, but in the greater scheme of things it is the lesser of evils for me.