Homemade Beauty/Spa Treatments

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL
I am a night owl and morning owl...LOL
I rarely sleep much. Catching up with me now that I am nearing 50....Hmm...maybe time for bed also. Morning comes fast..LOL

night!

Tutter

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the recipes! I make a lot of my own things anyway, and some of these sound really good! :)

delia_peterson

Covered in Compost
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
I make and sell homemade beauty products...mostly soaps, lotions, bath salts, lip balms, massage lotions and sugar scrubs. Don't like to give out the recipes though.... :D

I can tell you that my sugar scrubs make you glowing and soft, not to mention smell lovely! Especially my Pink Grapefruit and Key Lime. I always put a warning on the label....May make husbands overly attentive! :D Feels like getting a mini-massage in the shower... :love

My Granpa England's Lemon Cornmeal Farm Soap is a favorite of farmers, for cleaning hands better and more gently than LAVA or GoJo. Smells heavenly also, not to mentions all natural. I only use EOs for scenting right now, plus whatever herbs I have at the time.

My Mountain Lavender Goat's Milk Soap is a liquid hand soap. Rich and wonderful for the skin, not to mention naturally antibacterial and antifungal!

I'm thinking of expanding to scenting oils as I have found very few people give a root's toot about all- natural around here! They just want it to smell like what you can get in a craft store. :p
:bow Bee, do you have a list you can send me? That would be awesome!

Thanks!

Lettledarlin

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I make and sell home made natural products also. I also don't give out my recipes but I do have a website, blog, face book etc. I much prefer the home made natural products cause of the chemicals. Lot better for you in the long run.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Thanks for posting these. There's a few I'm gonna be trying.

Just a note. Rosemary oil is great for brunettes that want to keep their hair dark. Not so good for blondes, cause it can make it look darker.

Beanie

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
WOW! What an awesome list!!!!

Coconut oil is amazing for your hair and scalp. I have over 3 feet of hair and nothing conditions it like coconut oil.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
delia_peterson said:
Beekissed said:
I make and sell homemade beauty products...mostly soaps, lotions, bath salts, lip balms, massage lotions and sugar scrubs. Don't like to give out the recipes though.... :D

I can tell you that my sugar scrubs make you glowing and soft, not to mention smell lovely! Especially my Pink Grapefruit and Key Lime. I always put a warning on the label....May make husbands overly attentive! :D Feels like getting a mini-massage in the shower... :love

My Granpa England's Lemon Cornmeal Farm Soap is a favorite of farmers, for cleaning hands better and more gently than LAVA or GoJo. Smells heavenly also, not to mentions all natural. I only use EOs for scenting right now, plus whatever herbs I have at the time.

My Mountain Lavender Goat's Milk Soap is a liquid hand soap. Rich and wonderful for the skin, not to mention naturally antibacterial and antifungal!

I'm thinking of expanding to scenting oils as I have found very few people give a root's toot about all- natural around here! They just want it to smell like what you can get in a craft store. :p
:bow Bee, do you have a list you can send me? That would be awesome!

Thanks!
Oh, DP! I'm so sorry....I sold all my soaps, essential oils, containers, ingredients this summer in my yard sale this summer. I no longer make anything like this...but they are very simple to make. There are many books out there about making these items and you just have to play around with the recipes and make them your own. I loved doing this and making these things....my sisters and I used to get together and make some wonderful products and I don't think we've ever had so much fun designing new scents, colors, names for the products, etc. Too bad they let hatred get in the way of all that creativity and fun.... :idunno

aileensmith798

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
A lovely beauty salon! I really like the design of this salon. . In modern era, everyone uses so many types of beauty products. Which creates, so many, complexities? So, its good imitative taken by the Beauty Spa.